Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Dream Houses

"If you could live in ANY house what would it look like? Would it be made of chocolate? Would you live on the beach? Would it be in the rainforest? On Jupiter?"

This is the question I posed to my Ceramics I. class. My students have mastered the basics and are ready to spread their creative wings! I encouraged them to take their time and add detail to this work. Everyone had to build their house using the slab technique at first, but embellishing in any way imaginable. And boy did they.

I was most impressed with the level of expression my students showed here. Every one of them enjoyed this work and made it as much "them" as they could conjure. I love it when they make their artwork something they love and are proud of. You can really get an idea of who they are.

Enjoy, and please let me know what you think!











































4 comments:

  1. Great work...Lovin all of them but really would go on the Island theme tree....great work everyone. Glad you enjoy art and your teacher...

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all great. Especially SpongeBob. You seem like a great art teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like the dancing tree! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great. I especially like the big present and the pineapple (I think!!), but really they are all fantastic. Congratulations!!! Are you happy for me to pin this for future reference??

    ReplyDelete